New England Sinai Hospital recognizes the important role that visitors play in the care of hospitalized patients. New England Sinai Hospital makes every attempt to allow visitors without restriction. You as the patient, and or your designated support person have the right to accept or decline visitors. Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner, family members, and friends. You may withdraw your consent for visitors at any time during your stay.
Visitors may be limited or restricted only when visitation would interfere with the care of the patient and/or the care of other patients.
Restrictions & Limitations
The following are example of circumstances that could result in the hospital imposing restrictions or limiting visitors:
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to a patient
- Behavior disruptive to the functioning of the patient care unit
- Reasonable limitations on the number of visitors at any one time
- Patient’s risk of infection by a visitor
- Visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
- Extraordinary protections because of pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Patient’s need for privacy and rest
- Need for privacy and rest by another individual(s) sharing the room
Please ask your nurse or doctor about any visitation restrictions that may apply during your visit.