Members of our team include:
- You and Your Family – You will be actively involved in setting goals, making decisions about your care and planning for your discharge. Sometimes you may feel the need for a more in-depth update or discussion, in which case, we encourage you to Speak Up and let the treatment team know.
- Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners – The attending physician will coordinate your treatment program, consulting with other medical specialists as necessary. Your family physician can follow your progress and talk with your attending physician if he/she wishes. The physician assistant or nurse practitioner works closely with your attending physician to provide daily medical monitoring and management.
- Registered Nurses and Nursing Assistants – Nursing will provide the minute-to-minute care that you need. They are concerned with your current recovery process and with preventing further health problems. Nurses will teach you critical self-care information about your health, medications and treatments.
- Case Manager – Your nurse case manager will work with your treatment team to make sure that you receive the right care at the right time, and with your input will coordinate an appropriate and safe discharge plan. They will also assist in obtaining ongoing health insurance approvals if you have managed care insurance and in setting up post-discharge aftercare in collaboration with your care team.
- Therapists – Depending on your needs, you may be referred for therapy to:
- A Respiratory Therapist will monitor respiratory needs, and deliver treatment and care as prescribed by your physician. Pulmonary rehabilitation may be incorporated into your treatment plan to improve your conditioning and endurance.
- A Physical Therapist will work with you to increase strength, improve mobility and maximize functional independence.
- An Occupational Therapist will work with you to gain independence in activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and household management.
- A Speech Therapist will address any difficulties with swallowing, speaking and/or cognition toward eating safely, and communicating effectively.
- Dietician – A registered dietician will assess nutritional and dietary needs and develop an appropriate nutritional plan to optimize recovery. Please alert nutritional services to any special dietary needs (allergies, kosher, halal, vegetarian, etc.).
- Social Worker – As needed, a licensed social worker will help you and your family to cope with issues related to illness.
- Interpreter Access – New Enagland Sinai offers free interpreter services through telephonic and in-person qualified medical interpreters, coordinated by the social work department. If your preferred language for health care communication is other than English, or if you wish resources for the deaf or hard of hearing, qualified medical interpreters are available.
- Pastoral Care – Our chaplains provide comfort to people of all faiths and to those with no religious affiliation in circumstances such as end of life decisions, ethical dilemmas, grief, and spiritual distress. They are available for counseling, prayer, administration of sacraments, bereavement, faith-based rituals and worship. The Interfaith Chapel, located on the first floor in the hallway between A wing and B wing, is a sacred space which is always open for worship, services, and individual reflection. Please feel free to visit. Varied materials are available to help meet your spiritual needs.
- Patient Accounts – Hospitalization may cause financial concerns. Do not hesitate to share your concerns with your case manager or social worker. The Patient Accounts Department is experienced in helping patients meet their financial obligations for their hospital care. If you would like to speak with someone in the Patient Accounts Department, call 781-297-1279.
Additional Professional Services
Radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services are available 24 hours a day. A team that is specialized in wound care assists in healing complex wounds. Dialysis services (hemodialysis/peritoneal dialysis) and basic ultrasound services are also provided on site.