Hospital Reopening Announcements
New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program ensures patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away and/or at designated times, from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to care for you in a safe, controlled and professional way.
We’re here, and we’re ready to provide the care you need.
General Visitation Policy:
For the protection and safety of our patients and caregivers:
- All visitors must be screened for symptoms of possible COVID 19 infection.
- All visitors must enter the Wing C ( Ambulance entrance).
- Individuals with any symptoms ( as per guidance) will not be permitted to visit.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- All visitors are required to performed hand hygiene before visiting.
- Each patient is allowed one visitor at a time.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted unless the visitor is a child of a patient.
- People waiting to visit should remain outside of the hospital, rather than in the lobby or waiting room.
- The hospital may prohibit visitation on a case by case basis if a patient tests positive or shows COVID symptoms.
Transitional Care Unit (TCU) and Skilled Nursing Facility Visitation Policy:
To promote patient and staff safety during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the following restrictions are in effect as of October 19, 2020:
- One (1) person limit visitation between 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Visits will not exceed one (1) hour in length
- Person must be 18 years of age or older
- No pet visits
- Everyone must always wear masks covering both their mouth and nose
- No eating or drinking in patient rooms
- All visitors will be screened prior to a visit
- If you are not feeling well, please do not visit
Any individual entering the TCU who exhibits symptoms of Covid 19 within 2 days of the visit must immediately notify the TCU the date of the visit, the individuals they were in contact with, and the locations on the TCU they visited. The TCU will then screen those contacts and follow up with appropriate medical personnel.
Compassionate Care Visitation
The above rules apply, except that a patient in a private room may be visited. Other exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.