Hospital Reopening Announcements
New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program ensures patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away and/or at designated times, from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to care for you in a safe, controlled and professional way.
We’re here, and we’re ready to provide the care you need.
General Visitation Policy:
For the protection and safety of our patients and caregivers:
- All visitors must be screened for symptoms of possible COVID 19 infection.
- All visitors shall enter the Wing C ( Ambulance entrance).
- Individuals with any symptoms ( as per guidance) will not be permitted to visit.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- All visitors are required to performed hand hygiene before visiting.
- Each patient is allowed one visitor at a time.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted unless the visitor is a child of a patient.
- People waiting to visit should remain outside of the hospital, rather than in the lobby or waiting room.
- The hospital may prohibit visitation on a case by case basis if a patient tests positive or shows COVID symptoms.
Transitional Care Unit (TCU) and Skilled Nursing Facility Visitation Policy:
- All visitation will be held outside of the TCU.
- All visits must be scheduled with the TCU.
- All visitors must wear appropriate PPE upon visit and complete questionnaire.
- All visitors will have their temperature checked before being able to visit.
- All visits will have a staff member to accompany the residents.
- All visits can be no more than 20 minutes in length.
- Visit days and times are Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; there are no weekend visits at this time.
- All visits are subject to change based on the weather.
- No visits on the COVID unit.
- If a resident requires training with family members, that training will take place in the rehab gym and the rehab gym will be thoroughly cleaned afterward.